Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Khristmas Knits: part 4

FOR ALL MY SINGLE SKEIN LADIES OUT THERE! THIS ONE IS FOR YOU
You know what I am talking about. It is always one of two things: 1) When your friend goes on a trip and buys you yarn as a gift or 2) it's the yarn that when someone hears that you knit and they go "oh! I use to knit, do you want my yarn? Here is my yarn you can have it. " and my first thought is thaaankkkssss...now what will I do with this. So here is my thought, make a cowl and give it as a gift.

This is my go to project for all that gifted yarn and it super easy and fast. This is the TV knit gifts. I love to make these cowls as I watch all my Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. Depending on the size you want to make all you have to do is change the cast one number but almost across the board the needle stays the same.  As you can see it works with a bundle of different yarns and textures.
1 Skien of cashmere 2- ply (400 yards)
CO 100 sts on size US 9

1/2 Skien of Mohair ( 330 Yards)
CO 100 sts on size US 9

1 Skien of Noro's Taiyo ( 220 Yards)
CO 150 sts on size US 9




No comments:

Post a Comment